02-14-2014, 06:34 AM   #87
Taskmaster
Banned
Japan
Rep
Drives: M235i 6MT / E92 328 Msport 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jai 302 View Post
That I likely won't be buying? Speak for yourself. I'm in the market for a sports car around the i8's price range by the end of the year - when the i8 will be available here in Dubai. Having bought 2 BMW's in the past 2 years (Z4 and 6 series), the next step in the BMW ladder of sports/sporty cars is the i8 or an M6. The problem is I have trouble justifying spending that money on a car with fancy doors and an anaemic 3 cylinder engine or a tarted up 650i. I don't understand what the issue is with some people - they seem to have a problem with the fact that fans of BMW are disappointed with the brand's new direction of flooding the streets with low cost - family friendly models of every shape and size. They've completely forgotten about their history of making great cars like the 850i, Z8, M1, E60/E63 M5/6, etc. I'm willing to accept this dilution of the brand if only they strengthen it from the other end with higher end cars. But hey, I'm just one customer, so who cares right?

I like my 6er, but I wish it was a bit lighter and had the hydraulic steering of the Z4. Regardless I'll keep it for a while as it as a wonderful daily driver but it's also safe to say that it might be my last BMW if the company doesn't get its act together. Thank God for Porsche and Mercedes - they care about their fans.I respect your opinion but all I was trying to convey was that I'm disappointed with the continuous dilution of a brand that once stood for something. It's frustrating as a fan of the brand to know that nobody cares about BMW's as much as they used to because it doesn't respect itself and it's (former) core values.Thank you. I'm glad someone understands what I'm saying. The M2 is definitely a step in the right direction. Even BMW's entry level models should scream sporty and fast like the M135i, 228i and M235i. Not the new 2 series Craptive Tourer or i8. I personally think the i8 will be the undisputed ugliest car on the road.
I didn't even read all of this yet and I completely agree.
Appreciate 0