View Single Post
      11-11-2014, 11:46 AM   #1
Wolfinwolfsclothing
Banned
Rep
Drives: E92 ///M3 Coupe

R&T 2015 Performance Car of the Year (spoiler inside)

R&T held their 2015 Performance Car of the Year. Results are not suprising in the least bit. Glad to see Ferrari was willing to put the 458 Speciale against a GT3...just imagine what the GT3 RS will be like. Lambo and McLaren declined to send cars, but they wouldnt have overtaken the GT3 or 458 anyway.

WINNER: GT3

"So here's the brilliance of the Porsche GT3: Most of our staffers thought it was better around the Motown Mile than the Ferrari, and pretty much everybody thought it beat the Mustang six ways to Sunday as a street car.
Start with the way it looks: equal parts longhood 901 and Danny Ongais 934, grace and aggression in balance. Open the door, have a seat. You could drive across the country in this car and never feel resentful. There's a concert-quality stereo on the options list and three different seating options to fit your preferences. In the Hocking Hills, the GT3 demonstrated stratospheric cornering and braking limits while still managing to thrill the drivers who didn't reach for those limits. The tactile quality of the steering, the billet solidity of the brakes, the laugh that escapes everyone's lips the first time they run the tach to 9000 rpm on a two-lane: like dark chocolate, complex and satisfying.
In Ohio, the Porsche hinted at its raw speed, but around the Mile, it went from flirtatious to furious in the blink of an eye. If you want to drive it at seven-tenths, it will blast by the majority of track-day traffic while keeping you as secure as a child in his bedtime blanket. If you want to switch off the systems and reach for the edge of the tire, it will respond with pace and limits that approach those of an IMSA Cup racer.
Perhaps the truest measure of the Porsche's brilliance was this: Over the course of two days, I stood and watched 14 different drivers run 14 different cars around the Mile. I expected everybody to get the most out of the GTI, and pretty much everybody did. I expected many of the drivers to have challenges extracting the absolute best from the Viper, and that happened as well.

But there was one car that looked and sounded like it was on full boil no matter who was driving. One car that smoked by the starter's flag at full chat whether it was the old-hand racers or the new-blood writers behind the wheel. One car that gave its all, every time, to every driver.

Emotion and commotion, sense and sensibility; the Porsche 911 GT3 is the 2015 Performance Car of the Year."

Field included;

2015 Alfa Romeo 4C

2015 BMW M235i

2015 BMW M3

2014 Chevrolet Camaro Z/28

2015 Dodge Challenger SRT Hellcat

2015 Dodge Viper SRT TA

2014 Ferrari 458 Speciale

2015 Ford Mustang GT

2015 Jaguar F-Type R Coupe

2015 Lexus RC F

2015 Nissan GT-R