Efthreeoh
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: The E90 + Z4 Coupe & Z3 R'ster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundguy1 View Post
Happens lol.

Motor week just featured the I8. They got 0-60 in 4.4 and the quarter in 12.9. Not exactly supercar performance. They compared it to a performance Chevy volt. They also got 33.5 mpg but said they weren't able to plug charge it an if you were you'd get double that. Finally they said it was hard to get into and out of. Yawn. I'll stick to an M6. Oh and I visited the stealer yesterday. They said their allotment was 1 and a pediatric dentist bought it. Figures. The service guys also said they "didn't like it" and they preferred the M5/6 with their favorite the M5 two generations back.
Like I said earlier, I'd get a Corvette, and maybe a boat for the weekends and still have 30K left over for gasoline for both, for 10 years. Oh, that's right, we'll not have any gasoline in a few years (well that's what I got told in grade school in the '70s).

I wonder if anyone besides me realizes that as long as we have jet travel we're going to have gasoline. The infrastructure that produces jet fuel also produces gasoline. So even when oil (may) goes away, there will be some form of synthetic fuel with comparable energy density of petroleum-based fuel. I don't think jet travel is going away anytime soon. I mean how else would the enviro-protestor mob get from place to place and leave trash all over the protest routes.
Appreciate 0