10-30-2013, 04:11 AM   #115
SenorFunkyPants
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2019 M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjwb1984 View Post

Now what's going to be fun, is how Alonso and Kimi can coexist next year. Give those two the same car and watch them go. That's going be so much fun. I can't wait.
A step down from those two are Kimi, and Lewis Hamilton.
I'm not a fan of Hamilton by any means but he is widely thought of in F1 circles as being the fastest driver over a single lap and the driver most able to extract the maximum from any car...his ability to manage his tyres is still a little suspect though.
Given his performance against Alonso in his first season in F1 its weird that you rate Hamilton lower than the then much more experienced WC.
The only way to rate drivers is when they are in the same team with the same equipment and have the same opportunities (ie no team orders or rank) so it will indeed be interesting to see how Kimi stacks up against the recumbent Alonso. A driver I've always thought had massive potential is Roman - a great talent when he could avoid hitting other drivers and has really shone in the latter part of the season. How Kimi does against Alonso will bring into perspective the abilities of both Kimi and Roman.
Appreciate 0