View Single Post
      09-06-2022, 10:43 AM   #142
bsmoov
Captain
Rep
Drives: e91 6 speed touring

Bought an amazon waterpump and replaced it during the pandemic for preventive maintenance since back then we had the stay at home order...

fast forward to July 2022, that cheap chinese $140 waterpump failed. Not too bad and can't really complain because it lasted about 3 years, but this time I wanted to not be cheap and bought the kit from ECS tuning. I didn't even check because I assumed it was gonna have quality parts like the kit from FCP euro, but I went with ECS because it was a little cheaper. Low and behold when I replaced it in July 2022, I found it weird that it was a Bavarian Autosport Brand water pump. It looked exactly like the amazon/chinese knockoffs but it had a Bavarian Autosport branding printed on the body of it. Very cheap printing at that as its was faint and could rub off pretty easily. Anyway, that sorry ass water pump failed in less than 2 months. Now I have to go through the return process and they're giving me the run around.

Do not buy the kit from ECS tuning...I should've bought it from FCP euro and had peace of mind with their lifetime warranty.
Appreciate 1