View Single Post
      04-17-2024, 05:38 AM   #5793
Murf the Surf
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Porsche 993

Quote:
Originally Posted by flybigjet View Post
Just got back from watching "Civil War".

Thought provoking, to say the least-- my buddy's and I enjoyed it.

Although, as an amateur photographer, I *really* wanted to scream at the apprentice photog, "Why.... why.... FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, WHY are you shooting 35mm film in a war zone, where you have to roll film, develop it yourself, and carry the damn negatives around with you?"

Kid, take a look at what your mentor was shooting-- a full-frame Sony A7 with a 10 FRAME PER SECOND shooting rate, a god-sized buffer, Bluetooth, full-auto, shutter & aperture control, full manual control if you want it, Auto/Manual capability on the lens, and both lens AND body image stabilization.

Film may be nice AS A HOBBY, but not when people are shooting at you from all sides and you have to carry an entire photo lab + chemicals with you to take a look at anything you've shot. And then? You have to frelling MAIL IN your shots.

(Yes, I have strong opinions of that one little piece of artistic license.)

R.
I grew us shooting 35mm and am very comfortable with it, I now have a Nikon D800 which I love. I get great results with it but it's still black magic to me where film just seems natural to me. I'd still choose DSLR though, at least you can see if you got the shot without having to wait for processing.
Appreciate 1
DocL1952.50