E90SLAM
Supreme Allied Commander
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: A BBS WHORE

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by UltimateBMW View Post
I agree in one respect, but disagree with another.

This is a different age, so the complexity should also include some of the newer aspects that come with time and technology. It also offers a new area to innovate that isn't really guided by the rules, and thats the layout and optimization of your steering wheel and control system.

For instance, what if a team set up a mental imaging system to monitor the drivers brain waves to recognize when he is thinking of a certain color. Then set that color to activate a particular feature. Then you could have the DRS set to RED so that every time you see a Ferrari you can go zoom zoom.

Obviously its just an example and has issues, but this is only another type of innovation we could see that wouldn't be there if the cars didn't have any kind of smart/active movement to them. This innovation use to be there in the form of the gearbox until that got limited.
The example you've provided is far more scientific than a removable rear wing. And involves human psychology, and how it will improve or affect motor racing!

I'm not totally against buttons on steering wheel, where drivers and adjust and have a certain set-up to the car when the race evolves (track condition, grip, fuel saving, etc etc). But not some button where you can activate some device and makes overtaking a bit easier. I just feel is bit iffy about Overtaking Working Group trying to improve the "quantity" of overtaking, but not the "quality". Makes me feel like they're like the accounting bean-counters.