09-28-2014, 06:28 PM   #38
hyde
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2024 X3m40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by originalgoods13 View Post
Hey Golden, any instance that you touch the paint whether by microfiber or just driving it will be susceptible to imperfections like marring or swirls.

I only wash the vehicle once a month, or after a road trip, even with two-bucket method it is hard to be swirl-free, just part of owning a vehicle

On Jet Black, it is plain annoying if you are OCD about scratches and swirls (I am)
I thought swirls were caused by bad applicationof wax (hazy swirl) and car wash brushes (fine scratches that give the illusion of swirl/round where light shines) How do you get them with two bucket method, is it the sponge that you use? Or you don't even use sponge?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.335 View Post
Key point.

If you don't get bird crap or any other substance out of the way and the sun hits the car just for 30 seconds. You just got a mother nature installation in your paint. Add swirl marks on top of that and your regretting JB that very instance.

Although I love the car when its clean. Psh, thing is glass.

Warning: Rock chips may be shown in picture below. ty BQE
This is why I love JB.
Not just BQE, the highways in NYC are just crap, plain old crap, regardless of where you drive, you will get rock, and all sort of sh*t messing with your paint. It should not as bad on F15 with it's blunt nose and high hood, but yes we will still get hit with random stuff on a daily basis.

Also, in this thread, suggestion to get opticoat was made, what do you think?
http://f15.bimmerpost.com/forums/sho....php?t=1039003