Opo
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 07 335i E92 6MT (12/06 build)

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by mankytron View Post
The adjustment nut is there, on the opposite side of where the pinion comes into the rack. It is on the top side.
So I finally got around to trying this. I finally found the adjustment nut - I couldn't see it from the top what-so-ever even with my charge pipe off (maybe because I have the active steering rack..).

Anyways I adjusted it from underneath by un-mounting the rack, pushing it to towards the driver side then I could get a 3/8 ratchet with 17mm socket onto it and adjust it.

At first I adjusted it WAY too tight, took the car for a test drive and the wheel wasn't returning itself after a turn and just generally felt extremely tight but had a weird spot in the middle..... so anyways

I jacked it up again and loosened it back off, checked it out, didn't like where it was so tightened it up again a bit and boom it was perfect.

Lesson here is, don't tighten this thing all the way, just tighten it enough to pick up the slack.

Now my car feels great on the road and no longer makes that awful clunking noise it used to sometimes when I would be parking.
Appreciate 4