i dunno
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: a pair of legs

Garage List
2008 E92 328i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamesons Viggen View Post
I have put plenty of miles on all the cars you list and the F30 has a lot more going for it besides gimmicks and gizmos lol.

I went out of my way to get a lightly optioned and sport oriented one(Msport, staggered summer tires, 6spd manual). I would pay haters $20 each if they actually drove such a version of the F30 before just buying into what they heard from a guy or read in a magazine. Why have they not driven one? Because they seem to only be special order cars because next to no one seems to buy a manual anymore.

Go to your dealer and find an RWD summer tired manual trans MSport F30 on the lot.

Exactly.
i think that's part of the issue. even if your optioned out f30 feels better than the base f30 328i, the fact that the base one is no longer fun to drive represents a slippery slope in bmw's direction. the base model should still be fun to drive. i shouldn't need to add expensive options to make it engaging. also in terms of quality and luxury, the f30 seems to be a downgrade. it no longer has the retractable cup holders, push to open storage bins, or the pneumatic trunk struts. these are pretty trivial things to complain about and doesn't affect the driving aspect at all, but it screams cost cutting.

Last edited by i dunno; 07-06-2013 at 03:17 AM..
Appreciate 0