08-19-2009, 08:12 AM   #75
wiggyx
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2004 Neon SRT-4

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoreHead View Post
Ok lets look at this piece by piece.
Firstly, apparently whatever training you did negated your ability to read.

1. By having a normal opinion on different cars does not make me uneducated. It does make you sound like you think you're some kind of genius. Designed any cars we know recently? If you were responsible for the DB9 then maybe I'll bow to that. Otherwise I stated my taste which is not uneducated in any way. As for actual education I'm retired at 42 so my education obviously wasn't a problem. As for Gumpert and ACR being equally ugly that's just another one of your fabrications. I never made any comment on levels of ugly. There's no need. Ugly is ugly when it comes to buying and regardless of situation I wouldn't buy either. For the record I think the Gumpert is uglier but the ACR looks like a trailer park car.
I meant in terms of design.

Quote:
2. If you read the entire post you will see that I definitely did say the Viper was a very good looking car and that it was the ACR version that ruined it. (I can understand this bit as I've brushed through long posts before and missed stuff but it's definitely there in the earlier pages. It's in a reply to robo so that should make it easier to find)
Yeah, after the fact you finally clarified that. If it makes you feel better I'll retract my previous statement. I wouldn't have made it in the first place if you had made your opinion on the non-ACR Viper clearer.

Quote:
3. I made no comment on the break down of your analysis at all. NON. NOT A WORD. What I commented on was you statement that I should buy a Corolla because I don't like the look of the Viper. Try to keep it factual here will you.
Again, knowing your opinion negates that comment.

Quote:
4. I HAVE NEVER DEFENDED THE LOOKS OF THE GUMPERT. Jesus. Why is that point being ignored by BOTH of you???? I said it was an excellent track car and it is. As for the seeing it in the flesh. I'll do this in big letters so you can see it. I SAID THE FIT AND FINISHED WAS EXCELLENT BUT IT WAS STILL UGLY. That statement still has nothing to do with the design of the car. Just the build quality. The beauty in the eye of the beholder was referring to the Viper ACR NOT THE GUMPERT. And I stand over that. As you'll see a couple of posts above Footie thinks the same thing I so about the ACR so I'm not the only uneducated philistine apparently.
That's not what I'm arguing. I tried to clarify that I was arguing the comment you made about not having any business critiquing a cars' design when it's purpose-built.

Quote:
However, all the rules in the world won't guarantee people will like whatever you come up with.
This is very true, but it can help ensure that the most people possible find it at least digestible, versus just a select few. See my bit about the Aztec earlier. Yeah, they sold some, but not enough. Had it been a better looking car they surely would have sold more. Would everyone like it? Of course not, but more people would have liked it. That's the goal; design so that as many people as possible (of the intended target market) like it.
Appreciate 0