Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2009 M3 coupe - Manual

Garage List
2009 E92  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by wiggyx View Post
1. The fact that you think the Apollo and Viper are equally ugly means that your opinions about design are uneducated at best.

2. There are many things that "technically" make for solid, cohesive design. Sure, in the end anybody can give their opinion, point was to break down, piece by piece why the Apollo is a design failure.

3. Boo-hoo. You need to clarify that better next time by simply saying something along the lines of "the ACR add-ons make an otherwise attractive car look rather frumpy". Nowhere is it evident that you think non-ACR Vipers are good looking cars.

4. Seriously, you just kept defending the car saying that "you can't analyze a car like this", or "beauty is in the eye of the beholder", or "if you saw it in person you wouldn't think that". Stop it. You're playing the devil's advocate and it's just going to get you caught up in an argument like this.

5. So sorry that you think that. I would argue that your credibility was pretty much lost from the outset when you insisted that the car was untouchable, in terms of its ability to be critiqued.

6. Either way, all that I'm arguing is that the Gumpert can be critiqued. I've given my reasons why.
Ok lets look at this piece by piece.
Firstly, apparently whatever training you did negated your ability to read.

1. By having a normal opinion on different cars does not make me uneducated. It does make you sound like you think you're some kind of genius. Designed any cars we know recently? If you were responsible for the DB9 then maybe I'll bow to that. Otherwise I stated my taste which is not uneducated in any way. As for actual education I'm retired at 42 so my education obviously wasn't a problem. As for Gumpert and ACR being equally ugly that's just another one of your fabrications. I never made any comment on levels of ugly. There's no need. Ugly is ugly when it comes to buying and regardless of situation I wouldn't buy either. For the record I think the Gumpert is uglier but the ACR looks like a trailer park car.

2. If you read the entire post you will see that I definitely did say the Viper was a very good looking car and that it was the ACR version that ruined it. (I can understand this bit as I've brushed through long posts before and missed stuff but it's definitely there in the earlier pages. It's in a reply to robo so that should make it easier to find)

3. I made no comment on the break down of your analysis at all. NON. NOT A WORD. What I commented on was you statement that I should buy a Corolla because I don't like the look of the Viper. Try to keep it factual here will you.

4. I HAVE NEVER DEFENDED THE LOOKS OF THE GUMPERT. Jesus. Why is that point being ignored by BOTH of you???? I said it was an excellent track car and it is. As for the seeing it in the flesh. I'll do this in big letters so you can see it. I SAID THE FIT AND FINISHED WAS EXCELLENT BUT IT WAS STILL UGLY. That statement still has nothing to do with the design of the car. Just the build quality. The beauty in the eye of the beholder was referring to the Viper ACR NOT THE GUMPERT. And I stand over that. As you'll see a couple of posts above Footie thinks the same thing I so about the ACR so I'm not the only uneducated philistine apparently.

5. This is my favourite. You're saying my credibility is shot because of something you just made up. I never said a word about anyone critiquing the Gumpert. What are you Fox News??? Make it up and say it and it's true???? Please show me a single comment I made regarding your actual critique. Not the comment on the Corolla or Viper. A line where I say you can't critique the Gumpert.

6. You go ahead and do that. I never said you shouldn't. Even though you said I did. Are you sure you're not Bill O'Reilly?

I'll say this once more for the hard of hearing.
The Gumpert is ugly. I think the Viper ACR is also ugly. If it meets every rule you ever read that won't change my opinion on it or anyone else (I actually don't know anyone that likes the ACR). For critiquing purposes and design you have rules to follow. However, all the rules in the world won't guarantee people will like whatever you come up with. That's the personal taste bit.
Appreciate 0