View Single Post
      09-23-2014, 03:45 PM   #47
Fundguy1
Major General
Rep
Drives: 335 e93

Quote:
Originally Posted by fecurtis View Post
Yes, because the government can tell BP, Shell, Exxon, etc etc. what to set gas prices at and they're just DYING to lower prices again because they're tired of the record profits and margins.

Fact is, since oil is a non-renewable resource, this means that the cost of gas is based on not only current supply but future supply and demand, economically speaking. It's why when something such as war or major political shifts happen in oil rich regions...your gas prices jump. Or if you see a report by AAA that says they expect gasoline demand to drop over time, gas prices go down.

If you're wacky conspiracy theory was true, it would fail to explain the massive drop in gas prices over the past several weeks.

If you think gas will go back down to $1.35 or that the government can control gas prices, then...well I guess, again, you are from Florida....
One, I'm from NJ. Two, I went to a liberal ivy league school and studied engineering and economics,three, I'm a 20 yr financial professional dealing with all kinds of natural resources and environmental investments.

That said the "science" involved was provided by agenda driven European "scientists" who admitted to purposefully skewing their numbers. From these skewed figures other scientists based their work without checking the data. This is where all you global warming people stop looking because every quote is the majority of scientists agree. That was 15 years ago. Since then the original data has been debunked and now 95% say the original studies were wrong but it's gotten to a point driven by media and a liberal anti capitalistic agenda that this has been ignored. So if you believe in globs warming, my suggestion is to look at the full picture from the other side delivered by the other side instead of just hearing it from one side. I've looked at both. And yes, half the us population votes conservative, thinks Obama care sucks, etc. It ain't just Florida. The bottom line is you can skew data any way you want by picking specific time periods to push your agenda. So I've looked at 20 yrs, it's a cooling trend. 114 years, it's flat. Carbon emissions past 20 years? Up ridiculously. And before you try to say American cars are the cause, who's the top 2 users of oil? Not the USA. What's the biggest emitter of carbon in the US? Not man. Cows.
Who's raising oil prices? Not the oil companies. It's government regulations. Are oil companies one of the lowest amount of profit over cost of producing a product? Heck yeah. Does it suck BMW made a cool car but put a gerbil with a generator under the hood and no other options to cater to this bs? Definitely.

Hold on, let me drink my Kool aid. Ok. I can keep my doctor if I want to, Bengazi was because of a YouTube video, unemployment is under 7%, there's no inflation, $1.65 a gallon for gas under Bush was because he was a greedy oil guy, the world is safer now with our foreign policy, it's better to call the cops so they can investigate why you and your family was murdered than defend yourself with a gun, the border is secure, universities and public schools are impartial, everything is bushes fault, and,....oh yeah, global warming is real.
'08 e93 AW 335i 6MT,Vargas Stg 2+ 20T clipped,VRSF catless dps & 7"FMIC,ER chargepipe&Tial, MMP inlets&outlets,Motiv Stg 2 fuel rail&dual disc clutch/fly, JB4G5,MHD w/Motiv tune,Fuel-it Stg 3 LPFP,Wavetrac LSD w/lockdown, KwV2,M3(Strut brace,frt control arms,steering wheel)AKE blk sub bush,re11 245/305,19x8.5et30&19x11et43,SmartTop,RE trans mounts,Msport rear bump & skirts,15%tint,ZSP knob,Stoptech rotors,241k miles

Last edited by Fundguy1; 09-23-2014 at 04:12 PM..
Appreciate 0