View Single Post
      03-22-2007, 04:08 AM   #16
AlexEvo
My Ev0 PWNZ j00!
Rep
Drives: 2004 Mitsubishi Evolution

Tekno - is it not enough punishment that this man had to sacrifice his life because of what he did and because of what he did to those 2 females with him? he has to "burn in hell" as well?

Im in the boat with SoCal335i on this one, i drive very cautious when i have passengers but when its just me, thats just how i drive. Granted i dont do 80mph on city streets(regularly), or in areas where it isnt safe, but ive broken the speed limit in trabuco canyon and ortega highway/canyon quite a few times. its all part of spirited driving, and i believe there is a fine line between spirited driving and driving recklessly.

Maynard, i do have to disagree only on the point of "18 year old boys do not have the maturity or intelligence/driving dexterity to drive a fast car", i recently read an article a month or two ago in car and driver about 2 brothers 12 and 14 i believe who are home schooled and race shifter carts which we all know are very fast and require immense training and high levels of concentration, the same would apply to someone driving an M3, an 18 year old boy that has attented bondurant racing/driving school several times and has practiced safely im sure is quite capable of handling the car.

it is quite possible that this Parees gentleman had the experience to drive his M3 to its limits, but perhaps he forgot the 1 key aspect that differentiates street/track, streets have obstacles such as bad grading, patchy road, rain troughs, etc. along with the fact that they are NOT prepped for high performance driving. as i have been to racing/driving school(s) and having wrecked a few cars of my own on/off the street, i think i speak from experience heh.

but i do agree with buying them a car that is not capable of high performance driving and IS large/safe, like perhaps a Ford Crown Victoria, probably a black one........on second thought maybe thats not such a good idea...
Appreciate 0