View Single Post
      01-02-2008, 01:32 PM   #6
ArmyBimmerDude
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Lola

Garage List
I didnt want to make it sound like certifications are everything, I mean there are a lot of paper IT guys out there. Different courses the military send IT guys to are instructed by civilians like you guys.

I remember one flew over from New York, while I was in Germany, pulled out his Microsoft cert card, and told us if we had any questions it would cost us $200. He was joking wish us, but after that I realized that there are a lot of guys like that out there and I needed to raise my game so I could be successful if/when I do get out of the Army.

Experience wise, by the time I get out, I'll be at almost 10 years. 8 in admin and these last two instructing brand new soldiers. They fought like hell to keep me in europe, but my indecision about whether to stay or go plus big Army needing instructors for the "kids" gave me little choice in the matter.

When I think about it, I find what scares me the most is that a lot of applications in the civilian world go nowhere near a military network and I feel like that affects my chances. What happens when someone being interviewed doesn't know a question? A negative mark or?

By the way, thanks for the responses guys. I wanted to hear positive and negative responses so that I fully understand everything.