View Single Post
      05-29-2014, 11:48 AM   #1
954Stealth
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: A Car

Isle of Man TT 2014 (06/01/2014)

I know I've made a bunch of threads in the past couple of days but this is a big weekend for motorsports with lots of events going on all over the US and Europe.

In addition to everything else happening, the 2014 Isle of Man TT will run this weekend. The Isle of Man has been host to a huge number of events this week. Riders and racers and fans from all over the world are converging on the little island for this legendary race. Just to name a few of the big names: John McGuiness, Ian Hutchinson, Bruce Anstey, James Hillier, Gary Johnson and Michael Rutter while Conor Cummins, Guy Martin, William Dunlop and Dean Harrison, michael Dunlop

MotoGP legend Valentino Rossi, the 9 time World Champion, has hailed the TT as 'unbelievable' in a foreword in MCN's TT supplement.

The Italian Racer, who visited the TT Races in 2009, also describes the track as 'fantastic' and talks about the 'incredible experience' of following Giacomo Agostini on a lap of the course and how he only truly understood the passion once he had visited the event.

Cameron Donald:

IOMTT:

There is nothing on Earth quite like the Isle of Man TT Races. No other motorcycle race is held on such a challenging track as the 37-mile plus Mountain Course with its seemingly never-ending series of bends, bumps, jumps, stone walls, manhole covers and telegraph poles.

The skill, bravery and concentration levels required are immense, with speeds approaching 200mph, and, while difficult to learn and even harder to come first, the rewards for winning on the world famous course are like no other.

No other motorsport event can boast more than 100 years of such illustrious history, rich in tradition and legends, and to have your name inscribed on a TT trophy is to sit with the gods.

TT racing captures the imagination in a way no other race can and its sheer spectacle and uniqueness ensures thousands of fans flock to the Island every May and June for their annual fix.

No other motorsport event attracts people in great numbers for an entire period of two weeks except the world famous TT Races, where fans can revel in the Island’s special mix of incredible racing and world class entertainment – and all set amongst the beautiful scenery of the Isle of Man.

We talk about BMW not wanting to participate in a whole lot lately but they will be there in the form of Michael Dunlop atop a BMW S 1000 RR.

I'm not sure who will be broadcasting this event in the USA but I found a page streaming this weekend:
http://www.speedmonkey.co.uk/2014/05...e-streams.html

Last edited by 954Stealth; 05-29-2014 at 12:10 PM..
Appreciate 0