View Single Post
      04-17-2014, 12:34 AM   #58
ybbiz34
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2023 330i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by aus View Post
If I wanted a big block engine, I'd get the last gen ZO6.

It's sad how people in this thread all prefer big block, low tech engines... it's also sad how these people have no interest in a 458, F12, Gallardo, Aventador, or GT3.

Don't lose hope my friend. I think that for most of us, we appreciate everything that is good, whether it's "big block, low tech" or "small displacement, high tech."

Displacement alone does not make or break a motor. For example, was the soon to be retired M156 (6.2L V8) motor revolutionary? No, not really. But it was executed brilliantly and as a result, it has already achieved legendary status. It delivered heavenly sound, 440+ lb-ft of torque, 507+ horsepower, and plenty of revs.

And it all depends on the situation/application. For daily driving purposes (city commuting in my case), I don't want a car with a motor that needs to be revved sky high to have some fun. It's not practical. Nor do I want to go to jail.

On the track, sure. Now I've got the real estate to wind it out.

I think what's sad is when people knock cars/motors they've never even driven/trashed. While the specs are certainly fun to argue about on the internet, how the car drives/motor performs in the real world is the deciding factor for me.
Gone: '18 W205 C43 Sedan
Gone: '13 W204 C63 Sedan
Appreciate 0