United_States
Rep
Drives: '08 135i, '88 325is

Garage List
1988 BMW 325is  [0.00]
2008 BMW 135i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Tonka View Post
Yeah spent a couple of days in Denver around 16th street mall last week. Stayed at the Hyatt Regency. Was amazed at how many "homeless" or pan-handlers there were. Was also very surprised at how difficult it was to tell the difference between them and the regular granola peeps. Never seen so many tattooed people in such a short amount of time either. So much for getting a tattoo to go against the grain....
When I first started working downtown, I loved that there were so many restaurants within walking distance to choose from. The downside is constantly having to deal with the pan-handlers harassing you for money, especially on the 16th street mall. It was getting so bad that the city enacted a "no urban camping" measure to keep these guys from sleeping on 16th street overnight. Some residents complained that the city was unrightfully discriminating against these people and more should be done to help them, while most residents approved of the measure.

These complaining residents don't seem to realize how many people travel to and stay in downtown Denver for things other than tourism like conferences and expos that are constantly going on at the convention center. It's bad for business and detracts from appeal of the city if these travelers see a large transient population on the streets harassing them for money.

As far as the tattoos go, it seems like staying un-inked is going against the grain these days.