11-22-2007, 04:27 AM   #138
Year's_End
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 Shelby GT350

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queenskid24 View Post
if only this was true, there are soooo many immature people on car forms and im not reffering to anyone in particular but in all honesty theres alot of kids here so i guess thats why, hey im a young man myself, im just luck enough to be able to afford this luxury. But in reference to the topic at hand, i actually agree to an extent that MBs are targeted for older drivers, just to let you guys know im not biased my Girl owned a C240 at 16 and now drives a SLK280 at 20. I read a few posts above that Mbs are ore luxurious and BMWs more sporty and i think that can be argued seeing as how MB collaborates with AMG to produce crazy amounts of power which to "some" may be sporty in a sense. These two companies are rivals and they both make cars to outmatch eachother, this is apparent with the S and 7 series which in my opinion have no other comp, they are in a class of their own.
You honestly don't think that Audi's A8/S8 Series and Lexus's LS series don't stand a chance? Well, against the MB not really...but c'mon...I'm willing to say that the 7 isn't exactly the most luxurious car in its class. Sportiest? Maybe, but that's not the point of that segment. The interior just isn't up to par with the others.

The only comparable segments between BMW and MB are:
3 Vs. C
5 Vs. E
X3 Vs. ML
X5 Vs. GL
Z Vs. SLK

The CLK is more of a cross between the e92/93 3 series and the e62/63 6 series. The SL doesn't have a rival just yet; the Z9 will fill that role soon.

The CL will be fought by BMW's Concept CS - recently announced for production.

The A class (might actually be closer against the B class...both are in Europe) goes against the new 1 series.

The R Class...lol.

All AMGs followed by the 65 badge or the Black Series badge aren't comparable due to price limitations.

[Edit]: I wonder what the CLS goes against? The model really doesn't have much of a purpose except for being a cooler looking E class. It doesn't really have a competitor.
Appreciate 0