View Single Post
      11-04-2012, 11:26 PM   #113
W///
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: F82GTS, E36/E92M3, Z4M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Echo M3 View Post
Well said. Vettel was a bit clumsy in the beginning, but his recovery drive was brilliant. He exploited whatever bits of luck that came his way, and charged through the field.

At the same time, Alonso managed to wring every bit of performance out of that useless Ferrari to get himself on the podium, and even have a few attempts at Raikkonen.

Man, have I missed seeing Kimi on the top step. He never ceases to amaze or entertain, in his own unique way. Not sure why Vettel swore, though - seemed unnecessary and very unlike him; perhaps it was a bit of frustration coming through.
I don't know. I think if anything it was more relief than frustration. To come away from a potentially disastrous weekend like that still in front of Alonso is a big deal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by raisemyrent View Post
Kimi delivered; I think he did a bit of it tongue in cheek (kind of like the Iceman giving away ice cream the other day when the race was delayed for a while), but hilarious non the less.

I won't quote or anything, but keeping in the Vettel comments: I think that what doesn't convince us is the fact that he is so young and sometimes looks immature. The same applies sometimes, or most of the time, to Hamilton. Speaking of which (can of worms: open up), I loved Hamilton's fake PR crap: Oh, I see debris, they should clean that up, someone could get a puncture!
He likes to come up with lines like that when he is behind the safety car.

Back to Vettel, it's things like pouring champagne on DC's head while he is trying to be super professional during the podium (first time he did this new thing, right?), or changing his freaking Helmet design every race (seriously, donate the cash to charity or something) that make such an impression on us. We see a boy that casually jumps into a car and goes really fast, when our minds want to hand out the super world champion title to a man.
Don't get me wrong, though, we all have favourites and things like this can be argued until the cows come home. That's just sports.
p.s. I'll be in Austin, turn 12.
p.p.s. I'm already in denial about the season being almost over, and more so about Schumacher retiring.
He poured champagne on Eddie Jordan before too. I don't think it's that big of a deal to be honest. An article I read once described him as the village idiot, which I think is pretty fitting. But I just don't see why many people seem to despise him so much. He may come off as cocky, but I'd never say he's a bad guy.

Everyone seems to forget that his first win was in a Toro Rosso... hardly a championship car.
07 E85 Z4M Roadster, Alpine White/Red, 6MT
99 E36 M3, Techno Violet/Dove Grey, 6MT
Appreciate 0