07-09-2023, 08:22 PM   #23
Esteban
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: a slow car fast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kilabyte View Post
I hit a poor doggo on the highway in my 300ZX when I was a kid, couldn't get the sound out of my head for months, worst feeling ever
I did that once. Was a German Shepherd. Had gotten out of someone's yard and ran across the street at just the wrong time. Didn't see it until it was too late. Poor dog died.

Even worse, I hit a kid on a bike who went through a stop sign. I skidded through the whole intersection trying to stop and hit the rear wheel on his bike. Was before anti-lock brakes were standard equipment. He was okay, a few scrapes, but both of us were scared to death. He apologized and was crying, saying it was his fault. I felt so bad for him.

I put his bike in my car and he ran home (just around the corner) and I talked with his parents. They were both very upset. I offered to pay for his bike but they declined the offer. They were new to the neighborhood and the kid didn't notice the stop sign.

I saw him many times after that and we both would say hi to each other. It could've turned out bad but lucky it didn't.

Last edited by Esteban; 07-09-2023 at 08:38 PM..
Appreciate 2
Kilabyte3949.00