10-25-2014, 02:36 PM   #6
954Stealth
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: A Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by C-M2 View Post
Yes, Probably till 2016 when IMSA adopts the GT3 classification rules for the current GTD class.
Seems about right!

I just read this article from Racer.com:

He can’t say where he’s headed, but new TUDOR Championship GT Daytona title winner Dane Cameron tells RACER he’ll be back in IMSA next year with a new team in a different class. Cameron captured the GTD championship in his first season with Turner Motorsport driving a BMW Z4, and with Monday’s announcement regarding Turner’s return to the Pirelli World Challenge series, the Californian ended any speculation about where he's headed in 2015.

“It’s great to have everything in place for me to return to the TUDOR Championship in a different category so soon after the season ended at Petit Le Mans,” Cameron said. “I really have to thank Will Turner, Paul Dalla Lana, the whole Turner Motorsport DaneCameron-Z4team and my teammates for everything we achieved this year, and I know Will’s going to have a lot of success returning to the series where he made his name. For me, I get to concentrate on a new challenge with a new team, and I’m coming back with the goal of earning another championship.”

Cameron’s fortunes have changed considerably over the past 12 months. He concluded 2013 Grand-Am season with a year left on a contract to lead Team Sahlen’s Daytona Prototype effort, but he found himself without a job late in the off-season when the team shut down its DP operation.

A scramble to find a new home coincided with Turner’s need for a pro driver to partner with Dalla Lana, and despite the late nature of the deal, the union was immediately effective and produced four wins which led to the GTD championship.
For a driver with experience in DPs, P2s, PCs, in GT Le Mans and GTD, change has been a constant for Cameron, yet with his services being secured right after the close of the 2014 season, he’s hopeful the next chapter will offer greater stability.

“I’m headed to an amazing team, and for me, sports car racing has been where I make my living; all I’ve ever wanted is a chance to deliver for a team and hopefully have an opportunity to build a long-term relationship with them,” he explained.

“Once I decided sports car racing was where I was going to dedicate my future, it’s been everything to me, and being able to continue in the TUDOR Championship is all I really wanted after last season. I’m excited that I can stay there and it’s great to know we can get a head start on next year. Things really could not have worked out better for me.”
Appreciate 0