View Single Post
      01-16-2013, 12:02 PM   #13
buildbright
Major
Rep
Drives: F80 M3 MG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ti335 View Post
I disagree. The A4/S4 is a better overall package than the 328/335. In the past, Audi had better interiors and all weather capability while BMW had better dry weather performance. The first two points are still true, while the last one is no longer the case. Take S4 vs. 335i, for example. Same price when comparatively equipped but the S4 is significantly faster, has better grip, better build quality (no huge gaps between body panels), not to mention much better interior and exterior design. BMW is just resting on its laurels and if they continue to do so, they will suffer the same fate as Mercedes.
The S4 is a great package in "whole" it’s no better than the 328/335i. They both have their strong points. I think largely the build quality and interior styling is pretty even, even though I prefer the BMW.

S4 is a more expensive car so it has some things I wish I had like Nappa Leather, that badass steering wheel, and gorgeous shifter. To be honest price was not a factor the extra $100 to $150 would not have swayed me but the S4 is a more expensive car no matter if you lease or buy.

That being said the 335i has its positive points as well...RWD (nothing is more fun), IDRIVE (I hate MMI as much as the crappy screen it’s on), BMW Perks (European Delivery at the Welt and the Performance Center), Cheaper, and more options for tuning without voiding your warranty.

Now the S4 may be 3 to 4 tenths faster the first time you run (heatsoak sucks on the engine) but I can spend $379 on a JB piggyback and be faster all day while still keeping my warranty. As for grip change the tires like a lot do and the S4 will be behind the 335i.

These were the two cars I decided to buy so I drove both at least 4 times even on a racetrack once. The S4 is an amazing car and so is the 335i to me there just different. I am not trying to vindicate my purchase either, I wish I had the S4 steering wheel, Nappa leather, and shifter every day I drive my car but "you can't have your cake and eat it too"
Appreciate 0