01-16-2013, 06:42 AM   #8
johnofcross
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: Superman 2013 F30 335i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ti335 View Post
I disagree. The A4/S4 is a better overall package than the 328/335. In the past, Audi had better interiors and all weather capability while BMW had better dry weather performance. The first two points are still true, while the last one is no longer the case. Take S4 vs. 335i, for example. Same price when comparatively equipped but the S4 is significantly faster, has better grip, better build quality (no huge gaps between body panels), not to mention much better interior and exterior design. BMW is just resting on its laurels and if they continue to do so, they will suffer the same fate as Mercedes.
I personally think the F30 has equal the interior quality than the S4, if not better. Interior and exterior design qualities are up to the beholder, and I personally think the F30 MSport look is unrivaled by the S4, or almost any car in its class. Let's not forget that F30 has the HUD, which itself is life changing. The S4 comes better equipped as a package, while the F30 requires more specific configuration (making sure to get summer tires as well as DHP) to get the same package.

One thing that the S4 can never match is gas mileage. That Quattro, though brilliant, is not fuel efficient. Can't be helped there I guess.