View Single Post
      01-15-2013, 07:26 PM   #6
Ti335
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E90 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnofcross View Post
In regards to issues with BMW not being the Ultimate Driving Machine anymore, as an overall package, which includes luxury, driving dynamics, and cost, BMW is still the top leader. In the 3 class, no other car is in the same level. Are other cars better in some respects? Of course. Some cars have a better value price-wise, some might have better performance. But they all have faults, whereas the 3 makes up for those faults. So in a music equalizer sense, other cars are like the different settings, while the 3 is mostly even.
I disagree. The A4/S4 is a better overall package than the 328/335. In the past, Audi had better interiors and all weather capability while BMW had better dry weather performance. The first two points are still true, while the last one is no longer the case. Take S4 vs. 335i, for example. Same price when comparatively equipped but the S4 is significantly faster, has better grip, better build quality (no huge gaps between body panels), not to mention much better interior and exterior design. BMW is just resting on its laurels and if they continue to do so, they will suffer the same fate as Mercedes.
Appreciate 0