View Single Post
      01-15-2013, 10:19 AM   #4
johnofcross
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: Superman 2013 F30 335i M Sport

To me, it feels like BMW is playing catchup in this segment. The CLS came out 2004, A7 was in 2010, and the 6 GC just came out last year. As a result, they've had a chance to run the first iterations of these cars for a few years, while BMW just had last year to analyze. To be honest, BMW seems to be only playing catch up as they are too busy rolling in their success with the 3 series. The 5 series is just in level with the E class, and I think Audi is owning in the full-size class (A8 vs 7 series) [No backup info to claim this].

In regards to issues with BMW not being the Ultimate Driving Machine anymore, as an overall package, which includes luxury, driving dynamics, and cost, BMW is still the top leader. In the 3 class, no other car is in the same level. Are other cars better in some respects? Of course. Some cars have a better value price-wise, some might have better performance. But they all have faults, whereas the 3 makes up for those faults. So in a music equalizer sense, other cars are like the different settings, while the 3 is mostly even.

The RS7 definitely competes with M6 directly. Which looks better? The RS7 to me looks absolutely bad ass, but the 6 just grew on me. I like the 6 rear better than the RS7.