View Single Post
      02-08-2015, 04:13 PM   #14
david in germany
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 118i, 335i and 328i

I just wanted to chime in on this, you do not need to be that strong to push a dynaplug through a tire, the channel has already been made if you are in need to do it.. Pull the screw/nail and fill the void with the plug. I have fixed a winter runflat on my 328i (2years ago and it is still going strong) with a cheap tire plug kit (before I heard about Dynaplug) and it was a breeze. But I also have alot of faith in the original BMW mobility kit with and without runflats. The mobility kit has got me home and to the tire shop and it was a simple hose out of the plug fluid so they could perform a proper plugging of the tire. They didn't like the smell of the stuff but were still happy to take my money for the proper patch job. The official mobility kit (same chemical as the conti kit) is TPMS sensor safe. I would not hesitate to use it again when the need arrises. I do also carry a dynaplug kit just in case. One thing that I also learned is that Conti makes the mobility kit for lots of car companies and each one puts their logo on the pump and bottles but are tipically the same as the BMW parts so if you need a mobility kit refil, look for Hyundai refill kits.. They are normally about $20 cheaper per bottle than the one with the BMW logo on it. Bottom line, do what you need to do to get home!

Last edited by david in germany; 02-08-2015 at 04:18 PM..
Appreciate 1