10-23-2007, 03:57 PM   #4
007e92
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 645Ci

Garage List
2004 BMW 645  [0.00]
im in institutional equity sales for bloomberg tradebook. thats including bonus im sure right? alot of my banking buddies in NY usually hit about 100k salary not including bonuses and thats after geting MBAs...so im not sure exactly what your mom's buddy is doing but thats really impressive...did he just complete undergrad? - and yes degrees from the top institutes will make it that much easier to get an interview. yeah, you gotta start early. start thinking about what you want to do. getting an internship is really important in my opinion. try to get as much as you can. it will be gold when getting the exact position you want after graduation. thats why its good to know what you want to do so while youre a freshman you can rack up the interning experience in that specific field. when you finish, for the top companies its about GPA and the most significant experience...not to mention interview skills...one thing about finance though - its one of the most competitive industries in my experience. to get the job, its kill or be killed - too bad it doesnt end there. same goes for being on the job.

Retired Rides:
07' e92
04' e46
Appreciate 0