09-18-2014, 11:44 PM   #8
Ezio
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2023 Alfa Romeo, 2023 m240i

Quote:
Originally Posted by ybbiz34 View Post
You missed the end of my post. The new M3/M4 has its share of traction issues. I know because I've driven it several times. Even in MDM, the traction control light was constantly flickering because of the massive amount of torque.

To me, that's part of the fun with a car like the M3/M4 or C63. You can play with the car a little bit and when you turn the nannies off, you're relying on your skill to reign in oversteer, etc.

The CLA45 is AWD. The CLS63 is AWD. The E63 is AWD. There are plenty of choices for those that want AWD performance. The W205 C63 is designed to compete with the M3/M4. Thus, it has remained RWD.

Anyway, more information to address the "grip" issue.

http://www.wheelsmag.com.au/news/140...r-for-amg-c63/

“The new C63 will have traction like no other RWD car,” a Mercedes insider told Wheels.

Key to the new car’s boosted traction is a heavily reworked version of AMG’s traditional steel suspension set-up, which gets unique track widths and lower ride height, and firmer springs and dampers.
i mean either way. I would rather have wider tires than 255s.

I even feel they should put wider rims/tires just to make the car look aggressive. 255 is peanuts. putting the traction thing aside.

I dont know of any "real" perforuamce car with such small tires. when i say real i mean fast cars, not a GTI or STI.
Appreciate 0