View Single Post
      09-11-2012, 07:52 PM   #22
Fugly M3
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2023 M3CX

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPM90 View Post
You're not crazy for loving the Cayman, not at all.

But, you are a bit crazy in comparing a 3 series sport sedan to a bonafide sports car.
I do understand the appeal though.

You've really got to decide what type of car you really want and need, before you decide.
Maybe you should wait for the new 3 series coupe before making up your mind, since you seem to want a coupe, and really have no use for 4 doors.
For you, it sounds like a coupe makes more sense.

I had a 135i before I got my 335i. I loved that coupe, but wanted something a bit bigger this time, thus the move to a sport sedan.
If you want a coupe and you want all the techno gizmos along with included maintenance and full warranty, wait for the coupes.

Good luck with your decision. Either automobile will be a fine car for their own different qualities.
My problem is that the timing of the coupes kills me. my lease is up in early April. The coupes don't go into production until July. you can't extend the lease without a VIN. I have a 1976 Merc 300d that was my grandfather's. It's in great shape, but no way in hell can I drive it daily in LA for 3-5 months. Stuck in a bad situation. Beyond that, I had a 325Ci, a 135i and now the 3335i coupe. Part of me is kind of over the whole sport sedan sport coupe thing. I keep telling myself that the BMW just makes more sense, but myself keeps telling me NOPE! Yes, I know that's not grammatically correct, but that's what's happening!
Appreciate 0