11-11-2014, 01:45 PM   #3
funkle
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '06 Z4 M Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meeni View Post
Android L (next Android release due anytime from now) has some nice "carplay" features integrated. Read the beta walkthrough for an idea. I do not know about the apps.

Another nice thing is that you can use BT OBD interfaces with Android while it is problematic with ipads (you need a wireless OBD dongle).

As for the Audison, it looks like overkill to me. A nice bluetooth 4 dongle with Apt-X has excellent sound quality already. But if you have the money and like the idea, it sure looks nice.
Thanks for the heads up on Driod features. The Bit Play just has too many attractive features to me. I love the idea of the unit being stealth (no aftemarket head), and having music on an internal drive. You may not know that the M Coupe has a stereo that is even by BMW standards, laughably bad. Unlistenable. So total rip/replace is really the only option. The Audison pieces are more pricy, but you can build a system from just the Play and one of their digital amps. So a lot of items (head unit, crossover, OEM signal converter etc.) are not needed, so you save a bit there.
Appreciate 0