06-29-2010, 08:22 PM   #80
nnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by CIGARGUY View Post
If by CoRo you're referring to a Cohiba Robusto, I think the other radix and ferarri would both agree, there are far better examples of Cubans than that. Honestly, there are only a few Cohibas that I really even consider worth smoking, IMHO.

The Cohiba 40th Anniversary is by far the best they've released in years. Hard to find, but worth the effort. Definitely try a Monte Cristo #2. That is one of the Cuban benchmark cigars. The Trinidad Robusto Extra is one of my all-time favorites. The Hoyo de Monterey is also an excellent selection. Just don't get hung up on the Cohiba name. It is the best known marque, and is also the most counterfeited, so be careful what you buy and where you buy it, if purchasing in the States.
Honestly, I have had amazing experiences with Cohiba Robustos. That said, if I have a choice between a Siglo VI and a Robusto, I'm choosing the Siglo VI everytime without even hesitating.

While I'm at it, I'll just list some really great Cubans that I've had and would highly recommend. A quick note, I love very full bodied cigars. The stronger the better. I actually think that no cigar can be too strong.

Partagas Series D No. 4
Partagas Series D No. 4 Limited Edition (2004 release date). My all time favorite
Partagas Lusitania. My favorite because the limited edition Series D are impossible to find.
Partagas Series P No. 2. Just like the Series D but longer.
Partagas Shorts. Among the best quick smokes.
Cohiba Siglo VI
HDM Epi 2. Possibly the best golf cigar
HDM Double Corona
RyJ Limited Edition Robusto (2006). A very robust flavor.
RyJ Churchill. You can never ever go wrong with the churchill. Such a consistent cigar.
Monte 4. Also a very good quick smoke. My favorite monte due to the strength.
Monte A. A long ass smoke, but soooo worth it.
H. Upmann Magnum 50 Limited Edition (2004?). An absolute powerhouse. This will put you on your ass, and I love it for that.
Bolivar Belicoso Fino. Such a smooth smoke.
Bolivar Royal Corona.
Ramon Allones Specially Select. These have such a rich flavor.
Appreciate 0