Thread: What's this?
View Single Post
      12-21-2014, 02:13 AM   #34
RedlinePSI
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: Something else

[QUOTE=mike the snake;17105100]New cars have 6 years before needing the bi-yearly smog, and I figured I'd have crashed, sold, or put the car back to stock and sold it by then.

There's a HUGE aftermarket market for the twins (BRZ and FRS).

There's quite a few people tracking their cars. Turbo adds a lot of heat issues which I've done a lot to work out (notice the holes in my front bumper, and I made a vent from the skidplate) and most serious track guys get a vented hood. Oil cooler is mandatory for track.

Element Tuning is one of the few racing with BIG power and BIG rubber, and finding the limits of the car (mainly oiling issues above 9000rpm), Phil at Element is a great person to ask about engines and racing. Element Tuning makes the Hydra Standalone ECU that I'm using.

I'd say if you approach building your BRZ/FRS for track use with good research you can make one hell of a track car.

My car, with the power it has now (what it should have had in the first place) is an absolute rocket, and handles better than anything I've driven on the street.

Alas, I may be getting a Pantera race car, and I can only keep one fun car.[/QUOTE]

Between this and your modified twin, I dig your taste in cars brah!
Appreciate 0