Thread: What's this?
View Single Post
      12-20-2014, 02:01 PM   #28
mike the snake
Captain
Rep
Drives: 135i

My car is a BRZ. The Scion FRS is the same car exactly, save for a different grill and some interior differences. The BRZ is a bit more expensive and a little nicer of a car, plus, I prefer the front end of the BRZ better.

Turbo kits can be had for as low as $3500. There's a few standout companies that make better turbo kits using better turbos and workmanship (PTuning, Full Blown, WORKS has a nice new entry level kit, but the fun just starts with the turbo kit.

There is NO ROOM, so all the kits are tight fits (except AVO and PTuning who put their turbos down underneath). On my Full Blown install, I had to move my radiator forward to gain clearance, but that was no big deal.

Once you're making some decent power, you need new clutch, oil catch can, oil cooler, bigger fuel pump, bigger fuel injectors, bigger radiator, fat exhaust, tuning (usually Ecutek~$1~$1.5) but there's also Vishnu Open Flash Tablet, Racerom, Element Tuning's Hydra standalone is a step above those as far as racing and options go.

I also went with methanol injection, and at the time Element's Hydra was the only system that supported meth injection with their "Hydramist" (Aquamist system but controlled by the Hydra).

I also did up the suspension (265/245x18 Michelen Pilot Super Sports, Enkei Raijin wheels, KW coilovers, swaybars)

All in all I have about $15-18,000 into my car over what I paid for the car.

It is now a total street beast though.

The car only has 5000 miles on it, and I've been very easy on it so far. I may be selling it, as I've now set my heart on getting a Pantera.
Appreciate 0