View Single Post
      01-17-2013, 03:22 PM   #143
key
Registered
Rep
Drives: Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by ******* View Post
.... so i have only weekends when i rode my bicycle about 6-10 miles ....
You only have weekends because that's what you're choosing to have. If you want this to work you must make it a priority. I didn't think I had a lot of time before I started working out either. However, when I made it a priority I realized I can get up earlier, get in an hour workout, and then go to work.

If you don't want to go to the gym then get a treadmill or bike trainer to use at home. A bike trainer is great because you can use your current bike, and the cost is < $300 for the trainer. Some are pretty quiet too, so you could set it up in front of the TV every night and workout then.

Also 6-10 miles isn't very much at all. I was doing 20+mi every morning before work and even then I felt like it wasn't that much. If you want exercise to work you need to do it at a moderate effort for around an hour or so. The previous poster that suggested a heart rate monitor is right on. If you haven't been working out then you have no idea what "moderate" is, and the HR monitor can help tell you.

Once you lose some weight try running - but take it very very slowly. Running (at least for me) keeps my weight down a lot more than biking. So if you can slowly (MAKE SURE YOU DON'T OVER DO IT!!!) get into it, it will work wonders.
Appreciate 0