View Single Post
      09-25-2014, 09:53 AM   #3
gtron
powerhouse
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 Porsche 981 CS

Garage List
i did road warrior shit for a short time. it ages you fast and it takes a special person to turn it into a career. near the end, i would pack a bunch a melatonin and munch it up after i got back from the client so i can just sleep until the next day so the trip would seem to end faster.

some of the people that i would meet that did it for several years were regulars on sites like backpage. you can almost always find them at the bar scrolling and scrolling until eventually a questionable person would meet them and they would scamper away.

the guy that looks 50 or 60 was really just 35.

on the other hand, there are a few people that thrive in that environment and do a fine job. it's rare though imo.

me personally, would not give up my dog for anyone or anything. the poor thing just loves you for no reason. in addition, you sound single. it might be hard to find "the one" if you're always on the road.

if you're single, young and it's truly just 18 months then there's no better time for positioning. the thing is, consulting companies might say 18 months but they really mean 36.