02-26-2013, 04:14 PM   #1
Comet
Troll Harder
Lebanon
Rep
Drives: 997 GT3, 997 4 GTS, X6M

Garage List
Newest Toy: GT3

Story for those who care (warning long, but pretty nice), pictures afterwards :P
So I wasn't even in the market for a GT3. I had my beautiful black/black/black 997.2 4S that I never even considered to ever sell/change.

My friend was in the market for a Boxster, and it took us to the dealership. I spotted the 991 4S and decided to give it a test drive and try out PDK for the first time. I was less than impressed but decided to ask questions anyways. The owner of the dealership overheard me and recognized my 4S (he knows every client, even those he hasn't met) and decided to interject and began telling me not to bother with the 991 as I will never derive pleasure out of it. He told me to check out a 3.8 GT3 he had in his used showroom with only 7k km on the odo. I told him I would with no real interest in doing so.
Fast forward 4 days, my clutch started to show some wear and I took an appointment at the service department. While waiting for the shuttle to take me, I decided to take a peak at the GT3. My friend/sales guy quickly told me to take it for a spin. I was convinced that the GT3 was out of my price range but they promised me a great deal on the trade in. I said what the hell and drove it. Right away I knew this is what a Porsche was meant to be, not what my 4S is.
After the test drive, I sat down in his office and he made me a real offer I couldn't refuse. I told him I'd think about it. He threw me the keys of the GT3 and told me "take it for a few days, and think about it". They plated the car and I drove off. I was back within the hour to give them a positive response. I'm going to pay them tomorrow and my GT3 is sitting in my garage.
The owner called me after I left and told me that I won't regret this purchase and whenever I have time to swing by so I can drive his personal car (a 4.0 GT3). He then told me that he declined 3 bids on the car because he wanted me to have it. Turns out one of those bids was an acquaintance of mine. I called him to confirm and indeed I was given a much much better deal and his offer was turned down.

tl;dr
- Went in for clutch change left with a GT3
- Dealership turned down 3 bids on the car because dealership owner wanted me to see the car
- I got 2 years warranty/free service at no extra charge
- Psychotic deal, better than the bids offered
- I love my GT3 and my dealership

Without further blocks of text, here are the few pictures I have been able to gather: