01-16-2013, 04:59 PM   #62
MediaArtist
There is No Substitute
United_States
Rep
Drives: Audi A6, 997 GT3 RS, E90 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiddleAgedAl View Post
Yes I do agree with that, but I would argue the NRA is as guilty as any entity in behaving in a manner designed to leverage fears more than solving problems in a cold, calculating way (unless the problem they are trying to solve is maintaining the revenue stream of the gun companies who support it).
Don't focus on the NRA. They are a political lobbying group that can be used as a mouth piece like any.

Besides, why listen to the NRA when you can get the opinion of the founding fathers on the 2nd Amendment and why they included it in the Constitution of the United States in the first place.

Quote:
"I ask, Sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people. To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them." -George Mason
Quote:
"Are we at last brought to such humiliating and debasing degradation, that we cannot be trusted with arms for our defense? Where is the difference between having our arms in possession and under our direction and having them under the management of Congress? If our defense be the real object of having those arms, in whose hands can they be trusted with more propriety, or equal safety to us, as in our own hands?" -Patrick Henry
Quote:
"Firearms stand next in importance to the constitution itself. They are the American people's liberty teeth and keystone under independence … from the hour the Pilgrims landed to the present day, events, occurences and tendencies prove that to ensure peace security and happiness, the rifle and pistol are equally indispensable … the very atmosphere of firearms anywhere restrains evil interference — they deserve a place of honor with all that's good." -George Washington
Appreciate 0