04-30-2008, 12:09 AM   #73
Year's_End
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 Shelby GT350

Quote:
Originally Posted by purplewidow View Post
yeah we have had an s63 for a little over a year! been a great car the c63 is an awesome awesome car..i just wish it could handle..but if your just an everyday cruiser godbless man.. that is one sweet ride!!!! i would still take an m3 over it without thinking... i just thing it is such a mean mean engine!!! not so much more that the 55 but just enough to make it better and that 55 engine was a mean forced induced beast and this a naturally aspirated beast!!! godbless amg for building sick sick engines!!!

with the c63 and the m3 what the hell was a guy i know thinking buying the isf..he already is selling it..it's so loose.. it feels like it has no power cause it is virtually IMPOSSIBLE to find the right gear with the 8 speed paddles..i mean it's rediculous.. you get lost so easy in there..funny too cause i know yours has a 7 speed which i can deal with..but the 8 in the lexus no way in hell..what a terrible trans to shift with paddles..i mean HORRIBLE..and people complain about smg..my god!!! help the souls that hate idrive cause they are too uninteligent and kill whoever came up with the idea we need 8 gears in a sports car!!! oh and people who aren't a fan of active steering and they haven't even driven a car with one!!

but in the end i want to say c ongrats again and wait don't floor it..you really really need to break in that amg engine..we have had 6 amg mercs in the past 4 amg mercs all new from 2002 -2008 models all s55's and s63's and you HAVE TO BREAK THEM IN LIKE AN M car!!! do the 1200 mile oil change and treat that car with respect... you are gonna have a blast in it blowing the doors off of 99.999% of what's on the road!!! keep that baby shiney there is a lot of chrome!!!!
Please drive one. You'll really be surprised. The car can handle. The steering isn't mushy and slow like old AMG's (like the CLK55); it's crisp, tight, and informative. The suspension is also a feat of engineering. The car has virtually no body roll, but it manages to cope with bumps very well! Just drive one before you make any assumptions.

Believe me, I thought I was set with believing that there would be no competition between me liking either the M3 with the DKG or this. I was so wrong.
Appreciate 0