View Single Post
      10-06-2014, 09:27 PM   #1
BMB063
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Owned my car for a month and this happened...

Hi guys, I recently joined the forum as a new BMW owner about a month ago. Unfortunately, experienced my first accident today when someone at my work parking lot was not looking and backed into my car

Our building speaker system asked for the owner of a white BMW to come outside. I went out and it was one of the worst feelings every seeing my car like that. Backed in perfectly out of harms way (or so I thought) with a mangled front end. Of course it was a F150 (so many blind spots). I had met the guy before because he works two floors above me. Police report was done and all info exchanged. I contacted my insurance (and theirs) for reimbursement and scheduled an appt. at a local approved shop tomorrow morning. I have a rental covered so it will be interesting driving a boring midsidze sedan for a little. Spoke with a coworker and they took their BMW to the shop I am going to and he said it was excellent. Hope everything plays out. I will keep you posted. Feel free for suggestions, but I should have it all figured out. Talked to family and friends about the situation. I had never been in ANY type of accident before believe it or not.

The only positive part of this will be that I will get a new bumper which means the two nasty holes from the front plate will be gone! I had plans to get rid of them, but now no need to.

Keep you all posted. These pictures hurt my eyes, but here ya go. I had a bungee I used to temporarily mend it for back to home and then to the shop tomorrow morning about 2 miles away.

Appreciate 0