gtron
powerhouse
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 Porsche 981 CS

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by WRichieX View Post
Tissot are nice. I also like Citizen watches as well.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobble View Post
So are Longines, Omega, Rado, Hamilton and Glashutte to name a few. I believe the OP mentioned whatever or everyday watches of which many are mass produced. Unless I am reading into this wrong is your issue with Swatch that of the fact it's a big conglomerate versus a manufacturer watch?

Me personally I wear a Citizen daily, if it gets beat up no worries. I have a Hamilton Jazzmaster and an older Omega SM depending on the occasion and dress if needed.
i'll be checking out some citizen watches soon, thanks. i'm familiar with them but have never bought one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BEM-S4 View Post
I've been thinking about picking up a Shinola for a while, only half-decent piece of mechanical engineering to come out of Detroit in decades
i'll be researching Shinola too. sounds cool, thx

Quote:
Originally Posted by kscarrol View Post
I have no issues with Swatch or Fossil. I own several of their brands... The only reason I mentioned it was the OP seemed to dismiss watches in general made by a company such as Fossil. I was simply making sure he understood that the Tissot watch he likes was in fact made by one those companies, Swatch. In fact I just bought a Certina diver watch (a Swatch brand) which is an old Swiss maker acquired by Swatch. A great tool watch at its price point...
i like the swatch company actually. i equate fossil to more of a watch provider for clothing designers. there's nothing wrong with that but i wanted suggestions for something that i felt is more dedicated to mostly watches. i'm sure it's flawed thinking but i can't help it.

i should also mention, that i own some fossil made watches because i'll buy a watch just because i like it. i think the last one i bought was ck or versace.