MattMD
E9X > Everything
United_States
Rep
Drives: '22 Corvette Z51

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1fastdoc View Post
Congrats!

If you stick with the Econ major then I'd look into the work of adding bio, chem, physics and biochem.

I'm not sure about a biochem minor but if it includes physical chemistry then you may want to skip that. Maybe it's taught better at other institutions but I remember 2 people who came out of that class without their ears bleeding at UW.
That's what I'd be concerned about. With the new MCAT having all these varied topics, I may as well just pick a science major. Econ has zero overlap with medical school requirements (besides English) so it might not be possible. I will discuss this with the advisor at whichever school I attend. I know if the cost is only $20k per year (as opposed to $60k), I'm not going to be hard pressed to major in something with a high starting salary. I can put all my effort into mastering the sciences for becoming a Dr. in the future.

Biochem BS & BA major includes 1 pchem class from quick glance at the major map. It's called "Elementary Physical Chemistry" and is a pre-req for "Biophysical Chemistry."

ASU has tons of options for majors: chem, bio, biochem, biophysics, physics, microbio, molecular biotech, global health... Global Health sounds interesting, all of these are the "recommended pre-health" majors.

Last edited by MattMD; 01-02-2014 at 03:22 AM..
Appreciate 0