View Single Post
      01-24-2024, 11:06 AM   #1
Raj420
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW 840i Convertible (2019)

Angry 840i Engine Replacement - B58 (2019)

Hi all,

Started my car 12 days ago and it sounded like a tractor. I was alerted by iDrive to stop the car immediately and contact recovery. It says there was low oil pressure. Bit of Background on the car, 840i Convertible, 2019 model with only 36k miles covered (oil service done at 34k miles). I'm the second owner, I bought the car last January from a BMW dealership elsewhere in the country.

The bad news is I'm OUT of used warranty by 2 days!! I have since taken out extended warranty but was told this wouldn't be covered under warranty.

Towed to my local BMW stealer the day after. They told me its an engine out strip to find the problem and its £4.5k + vat to just find the problem. Since, I have had a call saying the engine has seized and it needs replacing at a cost of £16k +vat.

The dealer have asked BMW UK to cover it under goodwill but they haven't had a response just yet.

I have owned 11 BMWs in 20 years. This is my 3rd BMW with this a B58 engine so I'm shocked that it needs replacing with only 36k miles done.

Any suggestions on how to get BMW to cover this or what my rights may be as a consumer? TIA
Appreciate 0