View Single Post
      02-19-2024, 10:31 PM   #2
Ivilla035
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2016 340i RWD

Quote:
Originally Posted by drummr8 View Post
Our family is growing and we've only driven BMWs for the past 15 years. We cross shopped a lot of SUVs and settled on the X7 to replace our E70 X5 even though we hate that the captains chairs don't fold flat (who's the idiot that decided that was fine?).

I'm planning to get a full-size crew cab pickup truck that will make my life easier and prevent me from destroying the inside of the X7 with building materials and other random stuff. Also planning to get a camper in the future and would use the truck instead of the X7 to tow it.

Which truck brand/generation do other BMW owners have and would you recommend it? I'm leaning towards Ram Limited but Ram's reliability history is holding me back. It seems most of the trucks have had engine issues due to dumb cylinder shutdown features.
Toyota 5.7 has been amazing! I also do enjoy the vortec engines in the chevy 1500/GMC 1500. But at the end of the day it's personal preference, I can say that the toyota 5.7 is pretty much bulletproof from what I've heard. Which would be in the tundra. I'm sure a ford ranger wouldn't be in the cars but that's what I use as a winter driver, 2003 4.0. Just way too small to do anything with more than 2 people. I had a second gen tacoma 4.0 which I loved, and I know for sure that 4.0 toyota motor in the 4th gen runner and 2nd gen tacoma is bulletproof. Sadly I'm not sure if it would be large enough.
Appreciate 0