View Single Post
      06-07-2010, 03:29 PM   #35
ragingclue
One cam is enough
Rep
Drives: VF

Quote:
Originally Posted by OC 335i View Post
Could your typical mom figure out an Android vs. Iphone? Maybe you can answer that better since you have more experience with both.
I think so, but I don't really think I have a good grip on that perspective. I think the only issue would be "when I hook it up to my computer, why doesn't it automatically sync to iTunes?"

The iPhone has its advantages over the Android OS in a few areas, most importantly the fact that everyone is already familiar with the interface to the iPhone from your laptop/desktop. There are programs you can use with Android that are just as easy and intuitive, but AFAIK, it's not just as easy as connecting the USB cord... and voila! This is one area I've been curious of, as the only Android OS's I've run are ported from an SD card, meaning the USB port was inaccessible, so interface to a PC while running the OS was impossible.

I've been thinking of getting the N1 now that Froyo is out; that's how impressed I am with the Android system. Only problem with the N1 is it has max of 2 points of contact on the screen. That is one area where I'd have to say the iPhone has absolutely ruled.... The screen and how well it reacts to your touch prompts. Smooth as hell and no lag.... That's really the only thing I ever miss about my iPhones. Android's pretty close with the new Incredible screen though. It's got some new "max touch" feature which allows more than 2 points of contact and its response is pretty spiffy. WinMo and RIM aren't even worth mentioning in that area. Although RIM does make good purpose-based phones. I think WinMo (now Windows Phone) is the only one left out in the cold, not doing or offering a damn thing worth noting which others don't/barely do.
Appreciate 0