10-28-2014, 01:03 PM   #18
m3ray
Banned
No_Country
Rep
Drives: '09 e92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joekerr View Post
I'm curious what types of jobs these individuals stating that 2 weeks notice is fine have...

For your level (and FYI, I was similar to your position, but in a Big 5 accounting firm), I would provide *at least* one month notice. At least. And probably, it would be more like 1.5 months. Admittedly, 3 months may be exposing you unduly, so I would cap it at 2 months if you really wanted to extend.

How much severance would you be owed if they let you go? If greater than 2 months, then feel free to give notice up to that amount, because they couldn't let you go without paying you out anyways, so there is no exposure in that case.

Be decent about it - its a small world. And I like to provide as much notice in a corporate setting as I can, while still looking out for myself in a reasonable manner.
I worked for Big 4 accounting as a Senior Mgr. (FYI, it has not been Big 5 since Anderson imploded) ...gave 2 weeks notice

Now working as a Director for a financial consulting firm..also will give 2 weeks notice.

If you can give more notice than great, but it is not unprofessional in the least to give a standard 2 weeks. There are very few positions where a company is not able to transition the role/duties to another within a fairly short time. And if they can't, so be it. This is business and you have to look out for number 1.

Last edited by m3ray; 10-28-2014 at 01:08 PM..
Appreciate 0