View Single Post
      06-04-2014, 03:54 PM   #13
MisterSkiMask
Banned
Rep
Drives: I Can not say

Quote:
Originally Posted by fullerra View Post
Damn you guys for bringing up sensible options!

Just kidding, even though I had rented the truck before, I really hadn't considered it again, although realistically it may make slightly more sense.

As far as keeping the GTI, the payments have long since ended, and it would be nice having some more coin in my pocket every month once the bmw payments are complete in a month or so. The GTI is getting up there in age (12yrs, 152K mi), so my thought was naturally to get a replacement that could to double or triple duty (towing to/from track, long drives w/ the GF, bikes and hiking gear in the summer, and skis in the winter etc...) which would make the SUV more ideal.
Arguments for the compact pick-up include not worrying about gas cans, tires, dirty tools messing up the interior, and slightly decreased cost.

I wish I could just buy the trailer and keep it somewhere. I have to park the Z4M about a mile and a half in an underground garage, and unfortunately have no where to park the trailer. In the short run I am stuck renting u-haul as needed.

As a slight side note, I actually did test drive a Cherokee today, and it appears that we now do have the Diesel as an option here in Mass, although probably at 10k above my stated budget.

I was going to recommend the Diesel Jeep, except it is a budget buster.
Appreciate 0