Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Red Flyer

Garage List
2008 E90 328i  [7.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neon01 View Post
Not sure why this is somehow going to be the magic bullet for GM. I've got my money on a slightly cheaper and slightly lighter (with chintzy interior to match) version of the G8 or former GTO. The weight loss will be nice, but somehow I'm doubting this will suddenly become the cornering monster that it's presumed to be in this thread. Look at the old F-bodies, they didn't handle for shit. Straight line acceleration is something else, but domestics don't have a great record of making great numbers with hp. Unless this thing is about 3100 pounds, I'll believe the 4.7 0-60 when I see it. Otherwise I'll just assume it'll compete directly with the Ford Mustang, just like it used to.

Despite all my skepticism, I also hope they've actually created something special that is more than "just another muscle car". There are plenty of those on the market, and while this one might be a bit cheaper than some of them, lets hope GM can save it's ass from the fire with some real engineering.

I see you haven't heard of the CTS-V.

4,313LB curb weight, 0-60 around 4.1-4.3ish with an automatic and can handle a corner.

Oh, and the Camaro SS ran a 8:19 lap at the Ring, which is a damn good time.