View Single Post
      03-27-2014, 09:34 PM   #2
brock5ga
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 03 Z4 3.0i

Everyone has their own cars for their own reasons. I have a couple of offers on my 67 GTO which I plan to sell once my divorce is final and it is no longer an issue, which it hasn't been yet. It is a good 30 ft driver. I bought it because the price was right. I have a 72 Barracuda which I will roll that money into, which is complete, but stripped to a rolling chassis right now. I had a '70 'Cuda in high school, but am not willing to pay the price that the '70 or '71 command. I have had Camaros, Trans Ams, Corvettes, Dusters, Tempests, Satellites, and motorcycles. Each one had its own personality. While I love the nostalgia and the raw power of the old cars, they can not hold a candle to the handling and reliability of the new. My 67 GTO rated at just over 300hp would run all over my 2001 WS6 TA rated at 325 hp, but trying to control body roll or stop all that weight with 4 wheel drum brakes was a chore. I, personally, am partial to the old Mopars and AMC's due to the fact that they aren't seen everywhere like Camaros and Mustangs. To each their own. I have an appreciation for pretty much all automobiles and the legacys that they leave, good or bad. I guess back to the original question, the E-body Mopars have always been my favorite!!!
Appreciate 0