Thread: RIP Paul Walker
View Single Post
      12-01-2013, 12:37 PM   #92
Talk2meg00se
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 E92 M3

I generally don't get too worked up over celebrity deaths, but this one hit me. May he RIP.

He had a highly modded e92 m3, and would apparently post here from time to time.

Here is a photo taken several hours before his death. Judging by the extent of the damage caused to that Carrera GT, this was likely a 110-140 mph accident. I suppose that if there is any silver lining to be had here, it's that innocents weren't involved.

Btw - Jeremy Clarkson's opinion of the Carrera GT is summarized by the article below - sounds like a terrifying machine:

Clarkson road-tested the German car in August 2008 and described it as one of "the fastest and most exciting cars I've ever driven".

He said: "This is the most exciting, the best looking, the most expensive and the fastest road-going Porsche ever made.

"I've never felt anything like this before.

"It's 5.7 litre V10 engine - originally designed for racing but now it's in a road car and the effect is absolutely mind-blowing

"You need to be awake to drive this fast. It really isn't an easy car to control.

"The clutch is brutal, the power is savage and the handling....you really are on a knife edge. But if you put in the effort boy, oh boy do you get the rewards.

"It is a phenomena - mind blowingly good. Make a mistake - it bites your head off."
Attached Images

Last edited by Talk2meg00se; 12-01-2013 at 12:46 PM..
Appreciate 0